HUNTINGTON DOG BEACH
As you may know, we absolutely love dog beaches! One of our favorite things to do in Los Angeles, is to bring Herky & Milton to the beach. Our favorite one, is Huntington Beach Dog Beach.
The main reason is because it's very clean and so beautiful! On our last trip, we visited Huntington Dog Beach about 6 times.
A few things about Huntington Beach Dog Beach:
Location: off the PCH between 21st Street and Seapoint Street
Total area: 1.5 miles stretch of beautiful sand and ocean
Opening hours: 7 days a week between 5 am and 10 pm
Facilities: poo bags provided, public restrooms
- Keep your dog within sight and under your control at all times
- Dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the beach
- Pick up your dog's waste immediately and dispose appropriately
- Do not allow your dog to chase and harass wildlife
- No agressive dogs
- No sick dogs, no female dogs in heat
- No puppies under 4 months (for their safety, because they usually don't have all their shots)
- Dogs must wear collars and tags
- Up-to-date vaccination and licensing required*
- Be courteous to other beach users
*This is something odd, and we never brought Herky & Milton's documents with us, but I don't know if this is enforced. Be prepared :)
Hope this helps you in your search of dog friendly activities! It's a beautiful, clean beach with stunning sunsets. Dogs like humans have a blast here.